Mirra is working as the Global Head of Technology Risk at Schroders plc. Schroders is UK’s largest asset and wealth management firms with offices across the world and is headquartered in London.
Mirra Makineni (33) graduated as an Electronics and Communications Engineer from the University of Leeds (UK) in 2007 with distinction and has won many awards throughout her academic course. She got campus selected to join KPMG London, which is one of the Big 4 financial services companies in the world.
She quickly rose through the ranks and became the youngest Manager at KPMG before she joined PwC where she was then head hunted to join Schroders and lead their Technology risk function.
Outside of academics and profession Mirra has a passion for performing arts and has learnt Indian classical dance and also trained under Shiamak Davar for western classical art forms. She is a keen cook who believes nutritious food can be delicious and is often seen experimenting in the kitchen with successful results.
In 2017, she was invited to the UK Prime Minister residence at 10 Downing Street to attend the annual Diwali party in recognition of her achievements as the Chair of Hindu Society at Schroders.
Born to proud parents who are successful Homeopathic doctors in Delhi, Mirra has one younger brother who graduated with double honors in Mathematics and Economics from University of Nottingham (UK). Mother hails from Andhra and Father hails from Punjab. Mirra is still a bachelor.
Some of her key awards and achievements:
• National Finals winner (UK) - Undergraduate Contribution to Business award- September 2006
• The Sir Henry Royce award for excellence in Industry and Profession by the IET (International award) – November 2006
• Best Student in Electronics and Communications Engineering – University of Leeds 2007
• Invited for the Women in Technology Panel at University of Oxford – Said Business School 2016
• Founder and Chair of the Hindu Society at Schroders to raise awareness of Hindu culture and celebrate our Indian culture 2017
• One of the 4 finalists globally for Risk Professional of the Year awards 2018
• Founding member of the Hindu Professional Network at the House of Lords – Parliament UK 2018